Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crazy Crazy Christmas

What a Wonderful time of the year!!
I love winter and fresh snow... and the Christmas Spirit!

 On College Life:
It's getting around to finals week for college kids though...and everyone is scrambling to get in last minute papers, exams...or extra credit. =)
I had my big singing exam yesterday (Juries). It was very nerve-racking, but I got through and did ok. I've been sick so I coughed my way through the last line, but they gave me some mercy.
I only have three big finals left next week and I'm working on two papers. Not too bad, just not enough time.
Also, the room next to me in my suite will be empty next semester. It's bigger than my room. I hope I don't get a roommate and most likely they'll fill that room up before they put someone with me. But I'm super excited for fresh faces! I didn't click with the girls who roomed next to me. They were wonderful, but it just didn't work. The rest of the suite-mates and I are brainstorming suite-decorating ideas for next semester. We're having a 'night cafe' theme because we've strung up Christmas light and love the look and feel. It will be a bit bohemian and even Parisian.
We're all bringing our mini-fridges out of our rooms (they're too loud, especially in the middle of the night) and we're setting up a little kitchenette area in the corner of our living room.
Also, we're losing our TV so we've decided that our suite will be a more 'chill' suite. Good for sitting and doing homework without distractions. We're all bringing board games for a board game table (though I doubt I'll be playing everyday). Nonetheless, it will be a fantastic atmosphere. I'm super excited!!

On Beauty:

It's been getting a lot colder here and the air is getting pretty darn dry. It's given me a cough that I just can't seem to get rid of, no matter how many cups of tea or cough drops I have. It has also affected my skin. My skin has gotten dryer than a raisin. Most of my face has been flaking and even gotten irritated. I've been very careful with what I use to cleanse my face because a lot of my products have only been contributing to the problem.
I have been avoiding anything with salicylic acid (for acne prone skin) because it really sucks the moisture out of the skin. I have been moisturizing like crazy and gently exfoliating when I can.
I usually use Aveeno's moisturizer and lotion but it doesn't really help. My mom uses Intensive Lotion from Aveda that is super creamy and does a lot more than Aveeno. I tried it out first to see if I would break out but it doesn't seem to clog up any pores! I use it daily, as often as I need it. It has been helping. My flaking skin doesn't bother me as much anymore but I'm still looking for a better moisturizer.
I am also trying out an angled ELF eyeliner brush from their studio collection. I was in desperate need a new one for my gel liner (Maybelline Eye Studio in Blackest Black). I love it. It's a smaller brush than the one I was using before and I feel like I have soo much more control over the thickness of the lines. =) Happy camper. Best $1 investment ever!

On the Season:

Christmas time is the busiest time of the year for shopping. Everyone is scrambling to find gifts for loved ones.
December is such a busy month for me. There are parties and banquets and parades and flashmobs!! My weekends are jam packed! Hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures and post them up!
I'm really excited for winter activities. I love ice skating, sledding, snow ball fights, making snowmen and snow angels!! They're the only things that get me through the cold!
I'm looking forward to going home for Christmas break. We have a fireplace in the living room and I want to just curl up in a blanket next to the fire with my cat and a good book to read!
One of the things I love most about Christmas is the music! I'm listening non-stop to Christmas stations (radio and pandora..when there are too many commercials!) I'm drooling over Michael Buble's new Christmas album and I'm hoping to pick it up sometime soon! 

On Current Song:


Ok..So maybe Christmas music isn't the only thing I'm listening to right now. I've been listening to the Soundtrack of "Love Never Dies" a musical. It is the sequel to "The Phantom of the Opera" ---which I LOVE!! (I even have the DVD) Anyway, I just spent hours listening to this and the music is stunning!
This is "Love Never Dies" Give it a listen! 

On Misc.: 
I haven't had a chance to take many pictures, but I'll be back home soon AND its a whole new world out there with the blanket of snow--I'm sure I'll be able to get something up soon (a week or two...maybe?) 

Off to a recital and more papers and exams to study for!

Always&Forever,
Kimly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment